The Harris County Democratic Party has established The Bruce & Diane Mosier Fellowship to commemorate their dedication as fierce defenders of equal, civil, human and women's rights.
Bruce and Diane Mosier were stalwarts of the Harris County Democratic Party for decades. Their legacy includes the creation of the Silver Democrats (dedicated to senior citizen issues and mail ballot initiatives) and Sisters United, leadership in ROADwomen, and the founding of Blue Ribbon Lobby Day, the Ladies Room (the first hospitality suite at a convention run exclusively by women), and countless mentorships.
Both long time members and allies of Democratic clubs or organizations all over Texas, they were motivated by kindness, equality, and justice for all. This fellowship will carry on that legacy of inclusion, education, and action. The Bruce & Diane Mosier Fellowship helps progressive future leaders gain hands-on exposure into the world of Harris County politics. This experience will prepare you for your next steps in a campaign for the 2020 Election. To read the full history of Bruce and Diane Mosier - click here.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to build our volunteer capacity
- Coordinate phone banks and block walks to identify Democratic supporters
- Coordinate voter registration drives to build up the Democratic base
- Assist with Coordinated Campaign activities and projects
- Assist with special projects and tasks as needed
- Willing to commit 20 - 25 hours a week, including weekends
- An interest in politics and identify as a Democrat or Progressive
- Well organized, hardworking, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Committed to team-work, desire to learn, and a willingness to receive feedback
- Able to meet deadlines, work in a fast-paced environment, and multitask
- Experience in a Democratic campaign or other political organization/group
- Must believe in the power of grassroots organizing to build and maintain infrastructure in Harris County
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to work with diverse communities and leaders
How to apply:
Applications for The Bruce & Diane Mosier Fellowship 2020 Term are now being accepted. To be considered, please apply here by July 31, 2020. A $1,500 stipend will be granted upon completion of the program.
- Deadline to Apply: July 31, 2020
- First Day: August 31, 2020
- Last Day: November 7, 2020