The Harris County Democratic Party is hiring Field Organizers for the 2022 election cycle. Our organizers are the face of the Party. They will recruit and train volunteers, run phone and text banks, host organizing meetings, enter data, lead canvasses and even build relationships with community leaders.
This position reports to the Organizing Director.
- Ideal candidates will have experience volunteering or working on a political campaign
- Candidate must have a desire to learn and a willingness to receive feedback
- Candidates must be self-motivated and willing to work long hours (including nights and weekends) when necessary
- Candidate must believe in volunteer leadership, as volunteers will be at the center of everything we will do this cycle
- Candidates must have the ability to communicate with diverse communities and leaders
- Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Ideal candidates will have access to reliable transportation and a smartphone.
- Recruiting & training volunteers to attend phone banking, texting, and canvassing events, in order to recruit volunteers and push voters to the polls
- Regularly planning for and attending community events like festivals, parades, etc.
- Becoming a super user of key productivity (Google Apps, conference calls, etc.) and voter contact (VAN) technologies and patiently teaching volunteers to use them
- Meticulous daily and weekly reporting
Salary for this position is $3,200/month. This is a cycle position and employment will conclude on November 15, 2022. More details will be available upon request.
Fill out an application here.