The Harris County Democratic Party is looking for a dedicated and energetic Party Operations Director to help us strengthen our core operations and elect Democrats up and down the ballot. Under the general supervision of the HCDP Executive Director and Chair, the Party Operations Director oversees the Party's administrative functions, meeting and event logistics, and coordinates with multiple departments to amplify the Party's messaging and activities. This position will require an individual to be a self-starter, capable of working independently in a fast-paced political environment.
- Excellent personal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Stellar communications skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with event planning is preferred.
- Knowledge of NGPVAN software.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Demonstrates commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes, and a results-oriented culture.
- Plan and coordinate quarterly County Executive Committee (CEC) Meetings for over 500 Precinct Chairs in Harris County. This includes overseeing the remote credentialing of CEC members, live voting, live streaming to the public, and recording attendance and voting records.
- Coordinate the Zoom schedule for internal and external use and stay up to date with Zoom Admin information
- Attend HCDP Standing Committee meetings as an HCDP representative and keep a constant line of communication with each committee chair to report back to the team.
- Assist in planning fundraising events, by creating the source code, creating the donation form, and tracking sponsorship and donor information using NGP.
- Regularly meet and assist the Communications Team in drafting, maintaining, and translating content for the website to keep up with relevant updates and events.
- Draft and publish graphics for fundraising events and to promote the party’s messaging on social media.
- Assist the field team to recruit and manage grassroots volunteers leaders, along with affiliated clubs and organizations members, to organize effective voter registration, phone bank, and canvassing events.
- Build relationships with elected officials, candidates, and community leaders to disseminate Party information related to major events, speaking opportunities, and important filing and election dates.
- Create the schedule for the Virtual Leadership Academy Program
- Yearly salary of $36,000
- All HCDP staff have access to a health benefits package.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Info@HarrisDemocrats.com. Include “Operations Director” in the subject line. Resumes without writing samples and cover letters will not be considered. Position is open until filled.